Mastication Memoirs

Friday, March 03, 2006

Hollywood, 90028 - Beard Papa

Decision - Tap a vein, I'm addicted



Well, I guess Beard Papa is the best place as any for my first review....why is that? Chances are you already know how delicious these little lard bombs are.



For those of you who haven't experiences these yet - get your butt over there. Expect it to be a bit bigger when you walk out. I have to admit I've only had a handful of other places Japanese style creme puffs but after having these my search promptly stopped. They are wonderfully flaky and then when your teeth penetrate the outer crust a cool creamy glorious custard invites itself to the party and ooohhh baby.

They also have these glorious little chocolate cakes. I don't recall the fancy francias name they gave it. It comes with direction to nuke them for a bit to enjoy the depth of their texture. It becomes like a little lava cake. Its really is nice, not sickening sweet.



Beard Papa
Hollywood & Highland Shopping Center
6801 Hollywood Blvd.No.1.5.-153
Hollywood, CA 90028
(323) 462-6100


1 Comments:

  • Chances are *I don't* know how delicious these little lard bombs are! So sad... they look amazing. And I never knew they made anything besides cream puffs! Suddenly my culinary life seems oh so dull. :( :)

    By Blogger Ziz, at 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home