Mastication Memoirs

Friday, March 03, 2006

Beverly Hills, 90210 - Sprinkles

Decision - Waste of money (I'm not a cheappie when it comes to food either)



There's 2 places that have been on my "To Indulge" list. Sprinkles was one of them. A friend and I decided to rewards ourselves after a I set a personal best at a 5k race we did.

By the time we got there, in the late afternoon, there was a line out the door and down the sidewalk! We figured it was half the fun and stood in line chatting it up with our fellow cupcake connoisseurs. Turns out none of the people around us in line had been here before either.... red flag #1

After a long and winding journey we rounded the corner into the front door to notice a lot of the flavors were sold out.

I ended up with (starting upper left and going clockwise):
Chocolate marshmallow - Chocolate cupcake with a marshmallow center. The cupcake was moist but not very chocolatey and the marshmallow center was just kind of a white mush.
Carrot Cake - This was really good. The frosting was really thick but it tasted like a good carrot cake.
Orange - This one was really good too. Nice strong orange flavor but not overpowering but again the 2" thick frosting that was REALLY sweet.
Black and White - Ehhh same flavor as the chocolate marshmallow without the goopy center

So I guess I was disappointed because as my Dad says when offered dessert "Bring me whatever you have with chocolate twice in the name" and the two cupcakes I was hoping would knock my socks off didn't even get me to wiggle my toes. When I'm feeling rich (the little suckers are $3.25 a piece) I might go back specifically to try the peanut butter chip, mocha or peanut butter chocolate. I have a feeling I will be disappointed since I'm not too impressed with their chocolate abilities



Sprinkles
9635 Little Santa Monica Blvd (Note it is LITTLE Santa Monica, the one next to the main one)
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
http://www.sprinklescupcakes.com

2 Comments:

  • Ah, so I was reading in my *sunset* magazine a while back about Sprinkles. Kind of a let down, eh? That is too bad. They sure are cute...maybe they need to find a new baker. ;)

    By Blogger Ziz, at 4:27 PM  

  • this place is near my work...they always get them for birthdays and special occasions. i agree with your post - the price is not worth the taste. i've had much better for much less elsewhere. but then again, its to be expected of beverly hills.

    By Blogger rp77, at 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home