Mastication Memoirs

Friday, March 03, 2006

Candy Bars!

Decision - Crack is wack but sugar is legal

I have a bit of a fetish. Refined sugar is the finest white line I've ever had. I love cakes, ice cream, pastries etc. Unfortunately getting quality baked sweets is not always an easy thing. Too sweet, too hard, not sweet enough (What is it with Hispanic bakeries? They always look so amazing but have no sugar!). All the prior scenarios make me cranky because I hate wasting calories on crap.

So when in a bind for a line I settle for a dime bag of sugar and chocolate...candy bars. (Man I need to get out of East LA :P)
- This was more coffee fragranced than coffee flavored but still good
- reminded me of medicine
- I got this in Singapore, it was really sweet but still yummy
- I didn't notice anything extra cripsy about the KitKat but it was still yummy. The Double chocolate Reese's was yum yum yummy it still had a peanut butter flavor but had a stronger chocolate tone to it. The milkshake KitKat is da BOMB!!! The best out of all these limited edition schmancy new flavors. The fudge creme hershey's bar left me wanting to throw up from its hyper sweetness....or maybe it was because it was the last one of the set I scarfed down.

So why devote a post to candy bars? Well I have JUST learned that my bestest friend in Singapore thought of me while at the store and is sending me the below plus MORE flavors!!!!! How kewl is it I have friends that know how simple I am and bless me without me even having to ask!!!

I can not wait for your arrival mon cherie


3 Comments:

  • wooooo what fun! I always thought the milkshake kit kat would be the winner -- although I haven't tried any of these limited editions yet! :(
    I am totally addicted to the Take 5 peanut butter editions...I hear they have a white chocolate and a chocolate cookie Take 5. You need to try them for me cause no one carries them here in Montana. :o)
    keke...yes you are lucky to have such nice friends that send you treats! :O)

    By Blogger Ziz, at 4:03 PM  

  • update!!

    I just tried the double chocolate reeses and the malt kit kats. I looved the reeses, although the kit kats were merely an 'eh okay'. :o)

    By Blogger Ziz, at 12:52 PM  

  • Really??? I thought the kit kats were pretty good. I have to agree though the double chocolates are naughty :P

    By Blogger Elevated, at 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home