Mastication Memoirs

Friday, March 03, 2006

Los Angeles, 90012 - Phillipe's

Decision - The desserts will leave you with an ever-so-satiated smile...and the french dips are good too.


Yes, yes I know this has been covered by probably every foodie blogger in LA. Now it is my turn to throw my hat in the ring.

I'll make this short and sweet (since my pics of the actual sandwiches didn't turn out). The french dips are as tasty as they brag. I like to get mine "double dipped" = extra soggy.

The desserts are why I keep going back. Above is the banana cream and chocolate cream. The chocolate one is oh la la keep both hand on the table good. I'm not a huge banana cream fan but this one almost rivals the chocolate one. I know it looks like it is all whip cream but that's banana flavored goodness in there. I've heard their apple pie is just as quiverous (I know it is not a word but I like it).

I'll be researching more on this since their dessert menus is as deep as....the day is long

Update - I just had their apple pie.....eh not impressed. I'll stick with the fat laden cream pies :D

Phillipe's
1001 N. Alameda St.
LA, CA 90012
(213) 628-3781
http://www.philippes.com
I love the fact they have 2 parking lots so there's always plenty of spaces

1 Comments:

  • wowzah that is some chocolate cream pie!! I am jealous of V. :o) Other people may have reviewed this place (not that I'd know, since I uh, have never heard of it before) but your pictures are great. yum! and quiverous is *so* a word now. ;)

    By Blogger Ziz, at 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home