Mastication Memoirs

Friday, March 03, 2006

Los Angeles (Little Tokyo), 90012 - Frying Fish

Decision - A fun fast reasonably price place for sushi


I love this place not only for the sensibly prices sushi but for the atmosphere. They have "stock" sushi and sashimi rolling around on the conveyor belt. To get some really good stuff simply ask your friendly sushi chef to make you a salmon skin handroll (always toasted long enough to get it nice and crunchy with a touch of sesame inside - this is my #1 fav spot for this)


and the Manhattan roll (tuna, avocado and cucumber) - heck I order it just to hear them repeat back to me "Man hat ton roll" :P


The black dragon is ok, I'm not a big unagi fan.


Their spider roll is really good too...alas we were full and didn't order it this time.

Did I tell you how wonderfully crunchy, warm and delicious the salmon skin hand roll is? Lets look at it one last time. So pretty.

Oh PS - When you're done with this you have to walk across the way for some red bean cakes! That's the next post.

Frying Fish
120 Japanese Village Plaza
LA, CA 90012
Tel - (213) 680 0567
They validate parking
No website

4 Comments:

  • that salmon skin roll looks SO GOOD!

    By Blogger Ziz, at 7:28 PM  

  • This is a great blog. Hopefully it will be free of bodily functions other than eating.

    By Blogger David Cho, at 9:35 AM  

  • Ali - It is SOOO good

    David - You give me gas :P

    By Blogger Elevated, at 5:13 PM  

  • Hi Buster. Tell your mommy I said hi.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home