Mastication Memoirs

Monday, March 06, 2006

Arcadia, 91007 - Sakana Seafood Restaurant

Decision - Good food but bring your patience and if you want lunch come early. Service is lacking and they close between lunch and dinner.


Is that not a lovely hunk of tuna? It is a bit hard to see the scale but it is almost as big as my head....and that was just 1/4 of what they had sliced off a big fish they were cutting up!


I had a mix of summer veggies on rice with tempura. They laid down a nice layer of sesame seeds under the summer veggies so it was pretty good. Without that layer I might have been a bit gagged since I'm not too hip on cold cooked veggies. The tempura was good since they included eggplant and squash.


Vickie had the salmon and sashimi. I've had this before and can tell you the salmon is nice and crunchy. Spread that nice tart lemon over the crispy goodness and you'll be in mastication delight. The sashimi is good quality too.


I had a bite of Mollie's chicken. Oooo the skin was still on and it was lovely.

Sakana Seafood Restaurant
713 W Duarte Road Suite H
Arcadia, CA 91007
(626) 821-9800

No website

3 Comments:

  • Will it be about 150 entries later, you will blog about a Korean restaurant?

    By Blogger David Cho, at 7:49 PM  

  • so I've never really had tempura. :( It looks amazing tho! And the crispy salmon..mmm with leeemon (said in french accent). yum!

    By Blogger Ziz, at 8:33 PM  

  • David - I'm cleaning out my cache :P I'll have to go for dog errm I mean Korean soon :P

    Ali - Leeeeeeemon is the only way to have crispy salmon :D

    By Blogger Elevated, at 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home