Mastication Memoirs

Friday, March 17, 2006

Monterey Park, 91755 - Foo Foo Tei

Decision - I like the ramen in my previous little Tokyo ramen post better but this one is close and for a quick fix it isn't bad.


It in a small corner next to a really good Taiwanese breakfast place....that'll be reviewed very soon :D It is a fun small place to get a quick bite with friends.


I had the Kakiage Ramen which is described as Noodle soup with shrimp and vegi fritter. It was pretty good. My advice is to fish out the fritter and put it aside on the provided plate so you aren't eating moosh later. One bad thing, which is the case I am sure with almost all ramen places, is the soup was loaded with MSG. My lips were tingling.


This is Shin Shin Ramen. The menu says HOT and HOLY BATMAN it is hot. This thing was spicy! The fortunate / unfortunate thing was it wasn't a malicious spicy where you refused to eat anymore....it was a seductive burn where you know your digestive track is going to pay you back later but you still want more. (We call this a sliced cucumber hot.....it is so hot you want to take sliced cooled cucumber into the bathroom with you later. :P)


We got a side of eggplant and croquette. It was OK, their version is not something I would find myself craving.

Foo Foo Tei
750 S. Altantic Blvd
Monterey Park, CA 91754
(626) 588-2010


Here's their other store
15018 Clark Ave.,
Hacienda Hts. CA 91745
Tel: (626)937-6585
Bus. Hours: 11:30 AM-2:30PM 5:30PM-10:00PM

6 Comments:

  • Stac - Cute no?

    Itadakimasu - oppps! Thanks for the catch and thanks for stopping by!

    By Blogger Elevated, at 7:29 AM  

  • foo foo tei had a big menu selection....but my favorite place to eat ramen is at http://www.shinsengumiusa.com/

    By Blogger Mike, at 10:55 PM  

  • oooo yes, I need to go!

    By Blogger Elevated, at 11:29 AM  

  • I found the address! I'm going to try it out this weekend. :) Thanks for the post!

    FOO-FOO TEI NOODLE HOUSE
    (626) 588-2010
    750 S ATLANTIC BLVD MONTEREY PARK, CA 91754

    By Blogger Daynah, at 9:52 AM  

  • Ahh perfect! Thanks! I'll add it now :D

    By Blogger Elevated, at 4:24 PM  

  • I finally had a chance to try Monterey Park one. OOPS!! Who said they are much better than Industry one? Did you really try Industry store? No comparison there.

    By Blogger itadakimasu, at 2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home