Mastication Memoirs

Friday, April 21, 2006

Sunset Beach, 90742 - Harbor House Cafe

Decision - The menu is EXTENSIVE but quality is standard cafe quality. Don't go for a meal go for the shakes.

















The menu was intimidating to say the least. I think it was 10 pages long, complete with Mexican and Chinese food (hint don't ever order international fare from a place that offers more than one country unless you're at IHop.)

I had a nice turkey sandwich with avocados...the pictures looked sickly due to the lighting so I'll pass on posting them. My foodie pal went for broke and got the chicken fried steak. They were ok....not worth driving all the way to Sunset Beach for BUT.........

















Ooooo Momma just looking at the pictures makes me want to find somewhere private and fantasize about these little betties.

I never get shakes, I would love to get shakes but then I would make the sidewalk shake, so I resist but this time......this time they had peanut butter shakes. I had to get one. After ordering mine my cholesterol ingestor partner got a banana shake. A moment later a brilliant idea overcame me. Wait, didn't I see that there was an extra charge for extra flavors? Extra flavor? Like chocolate??? O yes, I did. I flagged down the waitress and had her revise that baby to a chocolate peanut butter shake.

The result? I have NEVER experienced such bliss, in a public or private arena. There was real peanut better in the shake but it was so wonderfully ribboned in. The banana shake had little nibbly bits of banana in it.

We even got naughtier and mixed to two flavors. Next time I go back, which o yes I will, I'm getting a chocolate, peanut butter and banana shake...and then we can watch the sidewalk shake sake as I walk by.

Harbor House Cafe
16341 Pacific Coast Highway
Sunset Beach, CA 90742
(562) 592-5404
Open 24/7/365
http://www.harborhousecafe.com/

1 Comments:

  • wow your flavor choices look and sound very yummy :)

    By Blogger Ziz, at 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home